Our Final Opening Sequence

My Preliminary Sequence

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Initial Idea



Despite the opening sequence being open to any kind of genre we liked, I decided to focus my initial idea on the genre of 'thriller/horror', because it meant I could gain inspiration from looking through past projects on YouTube. I started playing around with the idea of drinks being spiked at a party/date-rape drugs and formed the following suggestion to put forward to my group:


Clip showing a teenaged girl, aged between 6 and 18 at a house party. Camera follows her movement around as she socializes, drinking shots, etc., and the picture steadily becomes blurrier as she gets drunker. The 'blurry vision' effect of the camera then starts being cut-up with clearer shots of a guy sitting next to her, spiking her drink as she gets up to sort her skirt out. Suddenly the pace speeds up and there is fast-paced, choppy CU cuts of him forcing her into a bedroom, forcefully pushing her up against the wall, etc. insinuating the build up to a rape.

No comments:

Post a Comment