Our Final Opening Sequence

My Preliminary Sequence

Sunday, October 4, 2009

BLK Continuity homework part 1



1. I think the point to the activity was to demonstrate to us that creating continuity is not as easy as it seems and to teach us that it is very difficult to film a continuous sequence without the ability to cut up and edit the shots. It may also have been so that we could learn from experience what some of the fundamental continuity concepts are, so that we will remember them in the future more easily and be less inclined to break them again.

2. Not much really worked well about our sequence. I think some of the shots were quite good like the establishing shot of George walking away, and the low-angle shot of him walking past, but all of the shots went on for too long and did not follow on well at all.

3. Given the chance to do it again, I would shorten the length of the first establishing walking shot. I would make sure that we did not break the 180 and 30 degree rules again, both of which we broke in this sequence. I would probably not include the low-angle shot of George walking as it looks very menacing and is unnecessary as their is nothing particularly scary about the shot. I would also try and make sure all the shots followed on more from each other.

4. I learnt from this activity what all of the main continuity concepts are and will probably never break them again - I also learnt that there is a lot more to creating a continuous sequence than it first seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment